Friday, January 8, 2010

My Kids are out of control...It can't be my fault!!! Can it????

Good Afternoon Fellow Divas and Don Juans!!!!

So today I'm off to a late start, I had a little too much fun last night dancing the night away with a friend from my hometown. We had a BLAST!!!! (Hi Britt)

I was talking to someone the other day about kids and she said "Girl these da** kids are out of control!! I can't take this bullsh** anymore girl I don't know where they get this sh** from!!" Now after I laughed for a minute, I thought about what she said. How could she not know where they get it from when she's not teaching them ANYTHING AT ALL?? Lol guess that's why she doesn't know huh?!?!? hahaha

I began thinking about my own kids. While they're certainly not out of control, I had to admit that there were things I could be doing on top of my regular parenting to ensure that they stay on the right track. I learned from my mother that my kids love routine, they like to have a schedule that is followed without fail. They're 13 and 8!! Schedule?? What kid do you know that loves routine?? Funny right?? I know, it was news to me but she was correct. Of course she has more wisdom in this area since she raised such a FINE WOMAN in myself ;-)
Seriously though I started looking at my role of a parent in a different light. The choices I make will always affect my kids whether direct or indirect. My attitude and outlook on life as well as how I handle my responsibility will ultimately shape their attitude and outlook. I am a mirror reflection of what they will become because I'm the main source of their knowledge outside of the babysitters...oops I mean "Schools". If they turn out to be people of poor integrity and morals, can I sit back and say I did all I can do so it's not my fault?? No I can't because I feel that a parent's job is never REALLY done, even once they're grown with their own kids!! I'm sure my mother feels like turning her "mommy" badge in since her kids are 29 and 27 but she continues to nurture us and help guide our steps if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment